you may also like

State Based Early Intervention Services

Families whose infants are identified with hearing loss through hospital screening and follow-up at birth, or for children who develop a hearing loss before the age of three are entitled to Early Intervention services through their state and should be directed to their state’s Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) program.

If you do not have a State Resource Sheet for your state, visit the National Dissemination Center for Children With Disabilities (NICHCY). You can also call NICHCY at 1-800-695-0285 and ask information specialists to give you the number for early intervention services in your state.

How else might you find out about early intervention services in your community? Here are three ways:
  • Ask your child’s pediatrician to put you in touch with the early intervention system in your community or region.
  • Contact the Pediatrics department in a local hospital and ask where you should call to find out about early intervention services in your area.
  • Contact the Public Health Department in your county or region